S.T.O.R.M. Combatives- Team Arrest & Control Instructor
July 9 - July 13$700
Presented by: STORM Combatives
Strategy & Tactics on Redirecting Movement, for the purpose of lawful control & effective self defense
Monday-Friday, July 9-13, 2018
As law enforcement officers we rarely respond to a dangerous incident without the aid of backup. So why do we so frequently operate as individuals when controlling an aggressive suspect? This course will teach specific, easy to learn methods for two or more officers to safely control fully assaultive suspects. These are time tested and proven techniques for keeping officers safe. This system is also effective at mitigating the use of higher levels of force which can lead to unnecessary injury, emotional stress and civil liability.
This course can easily be integrated with other tactics or systems. These physical skills are grounded in basic human kinetics with a focus on effective subject control. The secret of the success of our methods come through universal application. This allows officers to learn a minimal number of techniques, but have an ability to apply them under a wide array of circumstances. Officers attending this course can expect to develop improved ability to control dangerous suspects regardless of their existing skill set.
Course objectives include but are not limited to:
· Enhance subject compliance with the use of verbal de-escalation and soft-empty hand techniques
· Appropriately react to an assaultive subject at close quarters
· Develop skills in handcuffing and controlling resistant subjects
· Perform multiple-officer and single-officer takedowns on resistant subjects
The foundation of this course is built on empty-hand control techniques while integrating a holistic approach to the use of all force options. The principles taught in this course are not only easy to learn and effective, but also compliment tactics officers may already be using.
· BDU style pants
· Tennis/athletic type shoe or duty boots
· Duty belt
· Training weapon (i.e. "blue/red/orange" gun) - We will have Glock 17 and Smith M&P 9mm training guns are available for use during this course.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 245-5525.