Employee Evaluations: Improving Performance
Employee Evaluation: Improving Performance
Presented by: Greg Anderson, On-Target Solutions Group
December 2, 2020, 8 AM - 4 PM.
7 hours (POST #10035-1116)
$125/ if 3 or more from same agency
COURSE OVERALL LEARNING GOAL:
This one day course is a designed for all law enforcement professionals from chief executive officer to first-line supervisors that evaluate employee performance.
What if we could take the angst out of conducting employee evaluations? This frustration is not only on the part of the evaluator, but also the employee receiving the evaluation. This training will provide concrete solutions on how to easily complete these forms and improve employee motivation and effectiveness.
Organizations, as well as those supervisors that complete employee evaluations, must understand the importance of this critical function. By completing accurate, detailed, and specific evaluations, evaluators will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their employees. In addition, quality employee evaluations are defensible for future employment actions should it be necessary. The outcome of this training is to understand the purpose of employee evaluations is not to deliver a rating, but to improve performance!
• Best Practices for Employee Evaluations
• Why are evaluations so important?
• Differences between quantitative and qualitative measurements
• Planning for the review process and the need for supportive documentation.
• Legal considerations
• The importance of equitable evaluations
• Performance evaluation language samples
• The need for ongoing feedback sessions