- This event has passed.
Introduction To Handguns: June 18 & 20, 2019
June 18, 2019 - June 20, 2019$109
Tuesday, June 18 & Thursday, June 20, 2018, 6 PM- 10 PM.
This program is designed to provide a hands-on experience in firearms safety for people who are new gun owners or are thinking of purchasing a firearm for personal safety and/or recreational shooting.
Classes will take place over two evenings. On the first night, participants will:
• Learn important safety procedures for handling of pistols and for use of firearms range;
• Familiarize with the different types of pistols, their parts and operation;
• Learn about ammunition and its proper use;
• Be able to load and unload a firearm using “dummy” ammunition;
• Practice firing stance, grip and use of pistol sights;
On the second night, participants will:
• Shoot live ammunition on a twelve lane indoor firing range with the assistance of firearms instructors and range safety officers;
• Participate in target shooting and tactical exercises using an inter-active police firearms simulator with laser gun technology.
• Be informed of state laws and procedures regarding the purchase and carrying of a hand gun.
Students must attend the first night’s instruction in order to participate in the live ammunition and simulator training on the second night. This course is open to people over the age of 18. Because of some adult content, teens, ages 13 - 17 years, may attend with a parent or guardian who is also a participant. Under 13 years, please contact Debra Fields (info below). Pistols are provided. If you already own a handgun, you are welcome to bring it with you.
For more information on the Introduction to Handguns / Firearm Safety course, call (952) 903-5717.
In the event that you are no longer able to attend the class you registered for, the following cancellation policy applies:
more than 30 days notice, a full refund will be returned;
within 30 days notice, full refund if we are able to fill the vacant seat;
within 30 days notice, 80% will be returned if we are unable to fill the vacant seat;
within 14 days notice, full transfer of registration to a later date.
***Please note, we are unable to accomodate refunds or transfers with no prior notice.***