FBI Basic Negotiators Course
May 6 - May 10$50
FBI Basic Crisis Negotiation School
Open to Sworn Law Enforcement Officers dealing with crisis situations
(MN POST BOARD APPROVED Class)
May 6 - 10, 2019, 0800 - 1700 hours
(Dismiss 12 Noon on Friday)
Cost: $50.00 per Person (covers lunch/snacks for the week)
Hosted by: Minneapolis St. Paul Airport Police Department
This class is full. To be added to the waitlist, please email email@example.com
Who Should Attend:
Those officers assigned to a negotiation team, or who may otherwise find themselves in a role in which they would be the primary negotiator during a crisis situation.
This 40-hour course taught by FBI and SBI instructors will provide the student with the information and skills necessary to conduct a “good negotiation.” A “good negotiation” being one in which the negotiator applies all of their training and skills to the best of their ability to resolve a crisis situation regardless of the outcome.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
* Demonstrate through practical exercise the fundamentals of crisis negotiation.
* Accurately describe negotiation protocol.
* Discuss differences when negotiating with persons of Arabic descent.
* Apply skills through practical exercise as they relate to correctional settings.
* List indicators of high risk negotiations.
* Discuss wiretap procedures as they apply to North Carolina Law.