- This event has passed.
Crime Scene Photography
December 6, 2022 - December 7, 2022$325
Crime Scene Photography: Essentials
Presented by: Greg Anderson, On-Target Solutions Group
December 6 – 7, 2022, 8 AM – 4 PM.
14 hours (POST Board Approved #10444-0013)
For more information and to register, click here:
This course would be applicable for: This is an immersive two-day fundamentals course is designed
to maximize the use of your equipment for recording court admissible photographic evidence. Focused
toward personnel wanting to expand their introductory awareness or desiring a basic equipment refresher,
while simultaneously learning proven techniques for photographing crime scenes.
Crime Scene/Evidence photography is a learned, specialized and supplemental form of investigative case
reporting. Acquired photography skills will often result in recording critical scene conditions or details that
official written reports may not comprehensively describe.
Attendees should bring available camera equipment including any accessories for in-class
hands on familiarization. Course materials are directly focused on using cameras that have
adjustable-manual setting – internal menu options.
• Equipment Selection Options
• Equipment Familiarization
• Manual Settings Photography
• Exposure Adjustments
• Supplemental Lighting
• Overcoming Obstacles – Tips & Tricks
• Comprehensive Documentation Protocols
• Participant Perspective Inclusion
• Impression Evidence Recording
• Tripod Applications
• Appropriate Use of Scales
• Mapping & Use of Photo Markers
• Analysis – RAW File Format
• Court Admissibility Aspects
• Usable Reference Material Resources