Recruiting & Applicant Background Investigations
June 14, 2021 - June 15, 2021$250
Presented by: Greg Anderson, On-Target Solutions Group
June 14 -15, 2021, 8 AM - 4 PM
14 hours (POST Board Approved) #10444-0015
$225/ if 3 or more from same agency
For more information and to register, click here:
This seminar is designed for: Law enforcement officers and supervisors responsible for case evaluation and management, or for commanders who are planning or developing improved case management processes to improve productivity. Additionally, this course will be valuable to senior investigators assigned to small units or small agencies who are primarily responsible for managing investigations in an informal leadership role. This training is appropriate for large or small agencies.
The objectives of this program are: addresses the administrative requirements for managing the investigative processes; focuses on managing the operations of the investigative unit, and the evaluation of investigative personnel. We will discuss selection of investigators and supervisors, proper auditing procedures, evaluation of personnel, making impactful changes as necessary for effectiveness, the need to triage cases for assignment as well as investigative techniques.
• Fundamental principles of investigation from initial on-scene to follow-up investigations
• Evaluation of investigators, investigative work and criminal cases
• The use of case management principles
• Leadership, management and supervision of the criminal investigators
• Case priority and investigative resources
• Caseload and performance management
• Relationships with the judicial system to include prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, etc.
• Selection of investigative personnel
• Specialized unit issues and concerns